Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Le Pain Quotidien

I visited my wonderful college, Pomona College, over the last four days and had a fabulous time revisiting good friends and seeing people that I missed. It reminded me of how absolutely GREAT college was and still is; physically having access to friends all the time; and eating together while watching friends argue about math and probability.

I had the pleasure of eating with my Chinese professor, Professor Allan Barr, and we went to the new restaurant Le Pain Quotidien in the new Village Expansion in Claremont. It is a Belgian and French-inspired chain from New York City, and as soon as I walked in, I felt like it was a very classy, higher-end restaurant. The light wooden tables give the place a rustic feel, but the atmosphere is undoubtedly modern and hip, with the soft lighting and bright feel.

Professor Barr recommended the vegetarian quiche, and I took his advice and ordered it. It was the most delicious quiche I have ever had in my life. Whereas most quiches that I've tried before have been firmer and pie-shaped, this quiche was soft and had the consistency of soft scrambled eggs. It was full of delicious vegetables like leeks and the salad was a nice, light complement too. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone who's still enjoying the college life at Claremont.

A shot of the entire dish:















A close-up of the quiche. Notice how soft and hearty it looks. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful.















The mixed greens salad adds a nice aesthetic touch to the dish, no?















*Le Pain Quotidien means "Daily Bread" in French.

Peace, love, and Claremont loves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your web needs address, tel no, hours
What time to you open?