Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chicagoes

So. I've been on hiatus for a LONG while. It's been a combination of LSAT studying, working, and being fed up with blogger's painfully slow uploading of pictures. But now that I'm back (for now), here are some pictures from a good foodie city, Chicago.















Okay, so maybe a Filet O'Fish isn't exactly Chicago fare, but I tell you, this burger from McDonald's is heavenly. I've always thought so, since I was a wee little lass and I was eating this on the streets of downtown San Francisco and a homeless man grabbed my hair and induced me to throw up on his shoes. This sandwich is SO GOOD, even though McDonald's has gotten stingy and only puts half a slice of cheese in it instead of a full slice. The McDonald's on Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley sells these for $1.o0. Go get some!















Mapo tofu. House brand. This is what UChicago law students eat. It's very good and easy to make.















This is what UChicago law students bake in their spare time. Some Crust mocha cookies. They are heavenly, I tell you. 21 ounces of chocolate into 18 cookies is quite indulgent and SO rich.















Moonstruck is a company in Chicago that does chocolate right. There's also one in San Francisco in the Marina District, on Chestnut and Pierce.











































Ah ha! So THIS is what deep dish pizza is! Finally! And I always thought that Pizza Hut's Pan pizza was a good representation of deep dish. This is what deep dish pizza pie should look like! Very delicious!















This is the coolest gadget EVER. It is an apple corer/slicer in one from IKEA! How convenient!















I found out Italian Beef Sandwiches are a Chicago-area specialty too. Lots of beef, lots of peppers (the peppers were delish!), and the sandwich is dipped in some type of beef juice. Suggestion: Don't dip. Your sandwich gets so wet that you'll feel like you just drenched your bread in a cup of water (which is kinda what they do). But otherwise, it's alright (but maybe a bit too much beef for me).

There you go. That was Chicago. Illustrated through a variety of pictures.

In the time I've taken off from posting, I've had Brazilian food, Eritrean food, lots of Chinese food, and several other good and bad adventures with food. I'll try harder to chronicle my adventures in between LSAT studying, working with children, and online exploits.

Till next time,

Peace, love, and bullet-proof marshmallows!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, if you didn't tell me that was a pizza, I totally would've thought that was a quiche! -wendy

Joyce said...

omg what? a homeless man grabbed your hair and made you throw up??? holy crap.

did you go to berghoff's in chicago??

sam said...

Is that tofu mapo tofu? I've heard so many conflicting things, and I've gotten so many conflicting different dishes when all I want is the tofu dish that also has pork in it...

lala said...

cls students also eat mabo tofu! :) i love that stuff. it's part of my regular rotation of staple semi-instant food. :D

p.s. i'm also amazed by the size of that pizza. did it even taste like pizza??